Continuent Tungsten enables rapidly growing businesses to better and more easily manage the high availability needs of important company information. Continuent Tungsten provides a single integrated and transparent solution for clustering, replication and connectivity of existing data sources. Continuent Tungsten can operate on open source DBMS products and integrate seamlessly with Oracle without the complexity of migrating data between products or upgrading existing applications.
The key benefits offered by Continuent Tungsten include:
- Automatic Failover – Continuent Tungsten can replace a failed DBMS server within seconds maintaining continuous availability and without losing any transact
- Continuous Operations – Perform zero-downtime database maintenance, such as schema changes, upgrades to a new version of MySQL or adding new hardware, without application or service interruptions
- Multi-master – Manage databases across different physical locations, both on-premise and in the cloud. Continuent Tungsten maintains real-time updates and failure handling for distributed operations
- Disaster Recovery (DR) – Switch to a hot-standby DR site running a Continuent Tungsten cluster with a single command without losing application connectivity
- Cloud Operations – Continuent Tungsten operates equally well in any bare-metal, virtual, private cloud and public cloud environment. Continuent has a number of customers running entirely in Amazon AWS
- Oracle Replication – Replicate data from Oracle to MySQL, from MySQL to Oracle, and from Oracle to Oracle. “Think Oracle GoldenGate without the price tag!”
- Real-time Analytics And Big Data – Continuent Tungsten enables replication quickly and efficiently to high-performance analytics engines. Continuent Tungsten can publish data in real-time from RDBMS to NoSQL implementations
- On-The-Fly Upgrade To Tungsten – Continuent Tungsten uses off-the-shelf DBMS software, and works with all MySQL versions and variants (incl. MySQL Community, MySQL Enterprise, MariaDB and Percona Server) without changes. No software upgrade or data migration is necessary for a Continuent Tungsten implementation in an existing MySQL production environment
Continuent Tungsten operates equally well in cloud and on-premises deployments. Download Continuent Tungsten Developer Edition, that allows you to use full version of the product at no charge while developing and testing your database applications.