- Parent Category: Corporate
- Published on Wednesday, 27 May 2009 12:35
Tungsten Replicator, released under a GPL V2 license, is a high performance, open source, data replication engine for MySQL and Oracle. Tungsten Replicator has all the features you expect from enterprise-class data replication products but with the flexibility of open source. Tungsten Replicator is also one of the core components of Continuent's database-as-a-service solution, Continuent Tungsten.
Tungsten Replicator and Continuent Tungsten use a unique technology to replicate data in real-time between locations and DBMS types. Global transaction IDs, "flush", and simple recovery operations facilitate failover and high availability. Tungsten's parallel apply is five (5) times faster than native MySQL replication, while optimized batch loading provides fast load from OLTP systems to column stores and Hadoop.
Tungsten's cross-site, multi-master replication is optimized for Tungsten clusters, and the message-based architecture supports fan-in, fan-out, star, and all-to-all topologies.
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator enable global real-time transaction processing with flexible multi-master replication configurations between clusters and individual DBMS servers
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator make real-time data aggregation of reporting data simple by replicating from multiple locations into a single database server without the need for data transformations
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator increase replication performance by 5X over native MySQL and increases transaction volumes using parallel slave apply
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator can replicate MySQL transactions to and from Oracle databases
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator can also replicate from Oracle to Oracle
Real-time Analytics and Big Data
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator support real-time analytics replicating data quickly and efficiently to high-performance analytics engines, such as Vertica
- Continuent Tungsten and Tungsten Replicator can publishing data in real-time from SQL to NoSQL implementations, such as MongoDB
- Continuent Tungsten scales manageable data volumes to 50TB and more through arrays of database clusters