This code of conduct outlines our expectations for ourselves, the Continuent community of customers and users, as well as the wider MySQL and database community with whom we typically interact with.
We are committed to providing a welcoming and inspiring environment for all, and expect our code of conduct to be honored accordingly.
- Availability: Our company is open and available. We aim to provide a welcoming environment for anyone who interacts with us.
- Collaboration: We strive for transparency, and we work closely with our colleagues and wider community to coordinate our efforts. Collaboration reduces redundancy and improves the quality of our work.
- Consideration: People use our work, and we depend upon the work of others. Consider customers, users and colleagues before taking action.
- Honesty: We aim for truthfulness with each other and our customers; and our business dealings in general. We thrive to be unbiased with our views on technologies and solutions by ourselves and our competitors.
- Pragmatism: Questions are encouraged and should be asked early in any process to avoid problems later. Be thoughtful and considerate when seeking out the appropriate forum for your questions. Those who are asked should be responsive and helpful.
- Respect: We expect people to work together to resolve conflict, assume good intentions, and act with empathy. Do not turn disagreements into personal attacks.
- Responsibility: When colleagues or members of our community cannot carry out their work, they should make it known and take the proper steps to ensure that others can pick up where they left off.
This code of conduct is not exhaustive or complete. It serves to distill our common understanding of a collaborative, shared environment and related goals. We expect it to be followed as much in spirit as to the letter.
We are committed to building an environment that is open for all. Although we may not be able to satisfy everyone, we all agree that everyone is equal.
Whenever one of us has made a mistake, we expect them to take responsibility for it.
If someone has been harmed or offended, it is our responsibility to listen carefully and respectfully, and do our best to right the wrong.
Although this list cannot be exhaustive, we explicitly honor:
- Gender identity or expression
- National origin
- Political beliefs
- Sexual orientation
- Socioeconomic status
We will not tolerate discrimination of any kind and in particular based on any of the protected characteristics above.
If you experience or witness unacceptable behavior — or have any other concerns — please report it by emailing . All reports will be handled with discretion.
In your report please include:
- Your contact information.
- Names (real, nicknames, or pseudonyms) of any individuals involved. If there are additional witnesses, please include them as well.
- Your account of what occurred, and if you believe the incident is ongoing.
- Any additional information that may be helpful.
After filing a report, a dedicated Continuent representative will contact you personally. The Continuent representative will then review the incident, follow up with any additional questions, and make a decision in conjunction with management as to how to respond.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If an individual engages in unacceptable behavior, the Continuent may take any action we deem appropriate.