Discover the new Continuent Tungsten Replicator (AMI) – the most advanced & flexible replication engine for MySQL, MariaDB & Percona Server, including Amazon RDS MySQL and Amazon Aurora
We’re excited to announce the availability on the Amazon Marketplace of a new version of the Tungsten Replicator (AMI).
Tungsten Replicator (AMI) is a replication engine that provides high-performance and improved replication functionality over the native MySQL replication solution and provides the ability to apply real-time MySQL data feeds into a range of analytics and big data databases.
Tungsten Replicator (AMI) builds upon the well-established, commercial stand-alone product Tungsten Replicator and offers the exact same functionality, but with the convenience that comes with an ad-hoc online service: cost-effective, rapid and automated deployment.
How to get started – 14-Day Free Trial
To get started with the new Tungsten Replicator AMI, simply launch the types that you need – and the first of each type is FREE for 14 days (AWS infrastructure charges still apply). You will typically need two – one MySQL extractor and one applier to your choice of targets. Please note that free trials will automatically convert to a paid hourly subscription upon expiration.
What’s new in this release?
- New Targets: The new Tungsten Replicator (AMI) now supports the full range of targets in line with the stand-alone Tungsten Replicator product.
- Latest Tungsten Replicator: The new AMI launches the latest 6.1.1 release of Tungsten Replicator.
- Improved Installation Wizard: The installation wizard now provides an easier way to configure additional advanced options such as SSL and filtering.
- Cluster-Slave Support: If you are an existing Tungsten Clustering user, the AMI will now enable you to configure a Cluster-Slave to replicate, in real-time, from your existing Tungsten cluster to any of the available targets.
- Simplified Pricing: With Tungsten Replicator (AMI) you can now easily mix and match source/target combinations. We have split out the Extractor into its own dedicated AMI; you can then pick and choose the target AMI suitable for your environment. This enables much easier configuration and simplified management. In addition, this allows for easier configuration of fan-out topologies.
- MySQL (all versions, on-premises and in the cloud)
- MariaDB (all versions, on-premises and in the cloud)
- Percona Server (all versions, on-premises and in the cloud)
- AWS Aurora
- AWS RDS MySQL
- Azure MySQL
- Google Cloud SQL
Replication Target Databases Available as of Today
Top Product Benefits
- Multiple Targets: Enabling users to replicate directly into popular analytic repositories such as MySQL (all variations), PostgreSQL, AWS RedShift, Kafka, Vertica, Hadoop, Oracle, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and Clickhouse.
- Advanced Filtering: Filter your replication in flight at schema, object or even row/column level. Filter at extraction, or during apply.
- Cost not tied to transaction volume: Unlimited real-time transactional data transfer to eliminate escalating replication costs of ETL-based alternatives.
- Multi-master: Global, real-time transaction processing with flexible multimaster replication configurations between clusters (MySQL as source and target only).
Top Product Highlights
- Tungsten Replicator (AMI) features: platform agnostic, real-time replication between database instances, filtering of data down to row-level, parallel replication and SSL for added security.
- Tungsten Replicator (AMI) includes the ability to apply data into many replication targets in addition to MySQL (all flavors and versions) such as PostgreSQL, AWS RedShift, Kafka and Vertica, by enabling the replicated information to be transformed after it has been read from the data server to match the functionality or structure in the target server.
- For MySQL users the enhanced functionality and information provided by Tungsten Replicator (AMI) allows for global transaction IDs, advanced topology support such as multi-master, star, and fan-in, and enhanced latency identification, as well as filtering and transforming data in-flight.
Replicate from AWS Aurora, AWS RDS MySQL, MySQL, MariaDB & Percona Server from as little as $0.50/hour
With Tungsten Replicator (AMI) on AWS, users can replicate GB’s of data from as little as 50c/hour:
- Go to the AWS Marketplace, and search for Tungsten, or click here
- Choose and Subscribe to the Tungsten Replicator for MySQL Source Extraction
- Choose and Subscribe to the target Tungsten Replicator AMI of your choice
- Pay by the hour
- When launched, the host will have all the prerequisites in place and a simple “wizard” runs on first launch and asks the user questions about the source and/or target and then configures it all for them
Users can also start by trying one instance of the AMI for 14 days. There will be no hourly software charges for that instance, but AWS infrastructure charges still apply. Free Trials will automatically convert to a paid hourly subscription upon expiration.
Tungsten Replicator OSS
For those of you who might wonder: Tungsten Replicator OSS is, for all practical purposes, obsolete. While Tungsten Replicator OSS may still be available in various repositories, all OSS versions are outdated.
We look forward to your feedback on the new Tungsten Replicator (AMI) – please comment below!