Watch the replay of this joint webinar with our partner Datavail hosted by DBTA – Database Trends & TechnologiesBusiness-Critical MySQL using open source is free, right? Managed MySQL cloud services don’t need DBAs, right? Think again! MySQL can be the perfect answer for fast-growing, highly-performant and geographically-distributed database environments, but in order to function as a business-critical system with immediate response times, the ubiquitous database server needs a little help. Watch this special webinar to learn about the limitations and hidden costs of DIY solutions for business-critical MySQL. In addition, find out why ‘managed’ database-as-a-service solutions, like AWS Aurora, may not be quite as self-managing as people would like to believe. You’ll hear several case studies on how clients are effectively utilizing Continuent Tungsten software and Datavail services to optimize their MySQL environments.
- Hidden costs of ‘free’ DIY solutions for business-critical MySQL
- How managed are the ‘managed’ database-as-a-service solutions such as AWS Aurora?
- Three use cases of Business Critical MySQL
- HA – Online radio service with tens of millions of users
- HA/DR – Modern, award-winning SaaS focusing on medical records management
- Geo-distributed Database — Large gaming company with hundreds of millions of players
- Benefits of Continuent solutions
- What Datavail brings on top of these solutions