Continuent is pleased to announce that Tungsten Clustering 5.3.2 and Tungsten Replicator 5.3.2 are now available!
Our 5.3.2 is a bug fix release that also contains some improvements to our diagnostic capturing tools to help us diagnose and identify problems. Fixes common to both products include:
- Improvements to tpm diag. We now collect more information and a wider spread of information, including running processes, MySQL processes, and configuration details
- An error triggered in the replicator for some deployments and replication tasks where you could get a concurrent modification issue
- An error in the replicator when optimizing row-based events
- Fixes for the way the tungsten_provision_slave tool works
Specifically for Tungsten Clustering:
- Fixes an error in they query checker script that may have previously been responsible for some out of memory issues
- Addressing some inconsistencies in the information returned by cctrl about the current cluster stats
- Addressing an issue with the status of hosts in cctrl after a switch in a composite deployment
Full release notes are available:
Scott Wimer (not verified)
Wed, 02/13/2019 - 07:10
Is Tungsten Replicator still open source?
I haven’t been able to find modern versions of the replicator at any of the “usual suspect” places on line.
Wed, 02/13/2019 - 08:17
Yes and No, but for all the practical purposes: No.
Tungsten Replicator OSS is effectively obsolete. While Tungsten Replicator OSS may still available to download in various depositories, all OSS versions out there are outdated. The Replicator OSS project is without stewardship, without anyone to develop or support it.
The last Tungsten Replicator OSS version (5.0.1) does not include support to extract data from MySQL 5.7 or MySQL 8.0. Also, the old Tungsten Replicator OSS is lacking many replication targets, and the existing targets have not been updated during the past several years.
Does Tungsten Replicator still exist? Yes!
Continuent offers a fully tested and fully supported commercial version of Tungsten Replicator. The latest Tungsten Replicator versions 5.3.6 and 6.0.4 include the ability to extract data in real-time from all MySQL versions, including extraction from AWS RDS and AWS Aurora. It also includes the ability to apply data into many replication targets. Among others AWS RedShift, Cassandra, ClickHouse, ElasticSearch, HDFS, Kafka and Vertica.
Add new comment