Continuent is pleased to announce that Tungsten Clustering 6.0.4 and Tungsten Replicator 6.0.4 are now available!
Our v6.0.4 release fixes a number of bugs and introduces some new features, with improvements across the board in a variety of different components.
Some of the key improvements include:
- When installing from an RPM, the installation would automatically restart the Connector during the installation. This behavior can now be controlled by setting the parameter
--no-connectorswithin the configuration to prevent tpm from restarting the Connectors during the automated update processing.
- Cross-site Replicators within a composite multimaster deployment can now be configured to point to slaves by default, and to prefer slaves over masters during operation using the new
- You can now enable an option so that when a site comes back online, the Connector will disconnect all connections that couldn't get to their preferred site so that they will then reconnect to the expected site with the appropriate affinity (
Some of the highlights common to both products:
- When using
tpm diag, the command would fail to parse
- The Net::SSH internal options have been updated to reflect changes in the latest Net::SSH release
Fixes specific to Tungsten Clustering:
- When performing a
tpm updatein a cluster with an active witness, ensure that the host with the witness is restarted correctly
- In a composite multimaster deployment, once a datasource has been welcomed to the cluster, ensure that individual clusters within the composite agree on the overall state of all clusters
- Because long service names can cause formatting issues, a new option,
--cctrl-column-widthhas been added which can be used to configure the minimum column width used to display information
- The Connector has been modified to get the driver and JDBC URL of the datasource from the Connector-specific configuration, overriding the information normally distributed to it by the manager. This prevents the Connector from using incorrect settings, or empty values.
- Ensure that datasources are fenced correctly when a Replicator fails
- Ensure that standby datasources are displayed within
Fixes specific to Tungsten Replicator:
trepctlcommand previously required the
-serviceoption to be the first option on the command-line. The option can now be placed in any position on the command-line.
- If no service is specified then using
trepctland multiple services are configured, then an error would be reported, but no list of potential services would be provided. This has been updated so that
trepctlwill output the list available services and potential commands.
- Heartbeats would be inserted into the replication flow using UTC even if the Replicator had been configured to use a different timezone
Full release notes are available: