Continuent is pleased to announce that Tungsten Clustering 6.0.5 and Tungsten Replicator 6.0.5 are now available!
Our v6.0.5 release fixes a number of bugs and introduces some new features, with improvements across the board in a variety of different components.
Some of the key improvements include:
- A new Clustering utility script has been added to the release, tungsten_reset_manager, which assists with the graceful reset of the manager's dynamic state files on disk.
- Fixed an issue where the tpm command would allocate inconsistent THL listener ports for the Composite Multimaster (CMM) topology.
- MySQL ping commands are now reconnected/retried upon "server gone away" error (Proxy mode ONLY).
- mysql_checker_query script was returning unexpected errors and creating false positives. Changed the script logic to use the timestampdiff function for better accuracy.
Some of the highlights common to both products:
- The tpm command now properly handles network interface names containing colons and/or dots.
- Instead of searching for a master with appropriate role (i.e. matching the slave preferred role) until timeout is reached, the Replicator will now loop twice before accepting connection to any host, no matter what its role is.
- The --hosts option was not working with the diag sub-command of the tpm command on nodes installed using the INI method. With INI-method deployments, the new behavior is as follows:
- The tpm diag command alone will obtain diagnostics from the local host only.
- The tpm diag --hosts host1,host2,hostN command will obtain diagnostics from the specified host(s) only.
- The trepctl command now properly handles the -all-services option for the reset sub-command.
- The backup process fails with 0-byte store*.properties files or store*.properties files with invalid dates. Changed the process so that invalid backup properties files are skipped.
- The command tpm reverse --ini-format now outputs without the double-dashes and the trailing backslash
- Fix the ability to enable parallel apply within a Composite Multimaster (CMM) topology. Now handling relay as slave to make the relay use the same code as a slave concerning its internal connections (disable binary logging of its internal SQL queries).
- Remove any clear-text passwords gathered via tpm diag.
Fixes specific to Tungsten Clustering:
- Change the Manager behavior so as to place the replicator online asynchronously to prevent cctrl from hanging if a slave replicator is put online while the master is offline. Now, if the master is offline the slave will go into the SYNCHRONIZING state. As the master comes online the slaves will come online as well.
- Do not try to backup a witness server.
- The MySQL MyISAM check seems to fail intermittently with no way to bypass it so the check has been disabled completely.
- Fixing the rpm-based post-install chown command so that symlinked directories get correct ownership.
- The Tungsten Clustering RPM now preserves the original OS group memberships for the tungsten user.
Fixes specific to Tungsten Replicator:
- The postgres applier now respects the database name set by pgsql-dbname. Specifically, the tungsten-replicator/samples/conf/datasources/postgresql.tpl was updated to use the correct variable for the value.
Full release notes are available: