Continuent is pleased to announce that Tungsten Clustering 6.1.1 and Tungsten Replicator 6.1.1 are now available!
Our 6.1.1 release contains both significant improvements and fixes a number of bugs which improve stability in certain parts of the products.
Highlights in the clustering product:
- Improved how the Manager and Replicator behave when MySQL dies on the master node. This improvement will induce a change of behavior in the product during failover by default, possibly causing a delay in failover as a way to protect data integrity.
- A new feature called "Cluster State Savepoints" has been implemented.
- Improved the ability of the Manager to detect un-extracted, desirable binary log events when recovering the old master via cctrl after a failover.
- Improved the ability to configure the Manager's behavior upon failover.
- Self-signed security certs now have a 10-year expiration
- Updated the check_tungsten_services and zabbix_tungsten_services commands to auto-detect active witnesses.
- If the pipeline source replicator goes OFFLINE, the relay will now reconnect to a different slave.
- Fixed an issue where the Manager would show an exception when the MySQL check script did not get expected results.
- Fixed use case where xtrabackup would timeout during backup via cctrl
- Improve ability to find needed binaries, both locally and over SSH, for command tungsten_find_orphaned
Highlights common to both products:
- Fixed an issue that would prevent reading remote binary logs when using SSL
- Restored previously-removed log file symbolic links under $CONTINUENT_ROOT/service_logs/
- Improve ability to find needed binaries for commands: tungsten_find_position, tungsten_find_seqno and tungsten_get_rtt
Highlights for the replicator product only:
- Added new property which controls how the THL is extracted in terms of the index gap methodology
- Added Clickhouse applier support