We’re pleased to share our webinar Multi-Region AWS Aurora vs Continuent Tungsten for MySQL & MariaDB, recorded live on Thursday, April 18th, 2019.
Our colleague Matt Lang walks you through a comparison of building a global, multi-region MySQL / MariaDB / Percona cloud back-end using AWS Aurora versus Continuent Tungsten.
If you’d like to find out how multi-region AWS Aurora deployments can be improved – then this webinar is for you!
We hope you enjoy it!
Thursday, April 18th at 10am PST / 1pm EST / 4pm BST / 5pm CEST
Slides: follow this link to view
Explore how to deploy a geo-scale MySQL / MariaDB / Percona cloud back-end with the following design criteria:
- Geographically distributed, low-latency data with a single consolidated view
- Fast local response times for read traffic
- Local rapid-failover, automated high availability
- Ability to deploy masters in multiple regions
- No changes to application code
- Complex schema changes while keeping applications available
- Avoiding provider lock in
Director of Professional Services – Americas at Continuent, has over 25 years of experience in database administration, database programming, and system architecture, including the creation of a database replication product that is still in use today. He has designed highly available, scalable systems that have allowed startups to quickly become enterprise organizations, utilizing a variety of technologies including open source projects, virtualization and cloud.